AtoA (Arctic to Antarctic!)
She caught our eyes! A good, solid steel expedition yacht.
Simple in design and tough enough to go anywhere in the world.
Her Design Parameters:
• A fast passage maker, at least 8 knots average offshore under engine or sail – off the wind or to windward!
• Draft limited to 1,60 m and able to dry out, self-supported, in tidal waters.
• Protected propeller, good for all sorts of conditions
• Completely self-reliant.
• Fool proof keel, rudder and rig. As long as the keel, rudder and rig stays on a boat, the boat will usually be fine
• Immensely strong construction, capable of handling any weather without damage and able to go through thin ice.
• A double-ended stern was desirable, if it did not detract from the basic qualities
• A walk-in engine room, possible to do maintenance and repairs on site
• A completely enclosed pilot house from which the yacht could be handled for long periods in adverse weather.
• Cockpit as sheltered as ever possible.
• Easily handled by one or two persons
• Three cabins, one of which could be used as a crew cabin, with en-suite layout
Check her out, this could be the one for your next adventure…!
To find out more: